Please note that this page is being developed and more links will be added soon.
Here are some links to active organisations
- Somerset Climate Action Network – Part of the national Climate Action Network, Somerset CAN are active and have good information on their website. https://somersetcan.org.uk/
- Sustainable Food Somerset – originally called Wells Food Network, we champion healthy, sustainable, affordable food for all – food that is good for people, as well as for communities and, of course, the planet.
- Green Wedmore – coordinates, explores and encourages sustainable living as it could apply in practical terms to Wedmore and the surrounding villages. http://www.wedmoregreengroup.co.uk
- Sustainable Wells – aims to build community resilience to climate change. It focuses on renewable energy, repair cafe events, recycling and single use plastics. http://www.sustainablewells.org.uk
- Take Art/Cuiltivate – brings local food, the arts and communities together. We big up local food producers, share their stories and highlight themes from farm to fork to festival through the power of performance and creative arts. https://takeart.org/cultivate
- Somerset Food Trails – take place in July with a growing number of producers showcasing the smaller-scale, more nature-friendly farmers and artisan producers who are leading the transition to a new agroecological era of food and farming. https://www.somersetfoodtrail.org/
- Plotgate Community Support Agriculture, Barton St David
- Pitney Farm Shop and Café
- Farmers’ Markets in the area