Listen to how Finland and Sweden are endevouring to switch from an oil-based economy to a wood-based one. Their goal is to ditch oil and to substitute trees and wood for products as wide-ranging as plastic, clothing, building and fuel with absolutely no waste. For every tree felled, law requires that another is planted and to avoid uniform conifer plantations, sustainable forests are planted that promote bio-diversity and regeneration.
About The Author
- Looking After Ourselves During the Pandemic 15th April 2020
- Tree Planters in The Times 15th April 2020
- Trees for Somerset Conference Update 16th February 2020
- 29th Jan – Trees for Somerset: Trees for your Parish 12th January 2020
- REMINDER – Volunteer Tree Planters required 10th January 2020